Drop in and find your core.
Pilates is a method of exercise and physical movement designed to stretch & strengthen the muscles while balancing the body. Coupled with focused breathing patterns, Pilates exercise method has gained devoted fans all over the world and has proven itself invaluable not only as a fitness regime, but also as an important adjunct to professional sports training and physical rehabilitation, since it provides a safe workout and teaches students safe and correct movement.
The Pilates Method is not just exercise. It is a series of controlled movements engaging your body and mind, performed on a mat or specifically designed exercise apparatus, and supervised by an extensively trained teacher. Pilates exercises develop a strong “Powerhouse,” or core muscles. Strengthening and learning to control these muscles results in overall health and fitness benefits including:
- Stronger body & muscles without ‘bulking up’
- The strong core and flat abs you’ve always wanted
- Creating an evenly conditioned body, less prone to injuries
- Instilling efficient patterns of motion
- Invigorating mind-body workout