Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga
Translated from Sanskrit, ‘yoga’ means union: the unity between the body, mind and spirit. This ancient tradition brings a wide array of benefits, including:
- Improved muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina
- Improved blood circulation due to controlled breath and movement
- Reduced stress and tension
- Improved mental balance, intuition, creativity, concentration and senses
- Enhanced detoxification & stronger immune system
- Improved skin complexion and radiance
At Park Slope Yoga, we offer Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga classes:
Hatha yoga, also called Hatha Vidya, on the contrary, has no flow between the poses and many classes consist of slow stretching and meditation. Yet, you can still expect a few Sun Salutation-style sequences here and there. Hatha yoga is a great option for beginners willing to become familiar with yoga and learn its poses and techniques.
In Vinyasa yoga, you are encouraged to align your movements with your breath, linking your poses together while inhaling or exhaling, as though doing a dance. This type of yoga is also referred to as ‘flow’, since you flow through sequenced asanas and transitions. Each Vinyasa teacher has their own style, so classes can be varied and unpredictable.
No matter which type of yoga you prefer, this practice will certainly enhance your wellness, improving your fitness level, mind-body connection and the ease and comfort in your daily life.
Bring yoga into your life today!