We are SO EXCITED to be hosting a
50 hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training,
led by April Elliot and BodyWise Foundation!
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology, we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing. After completion of this training you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations.
If you are not a yoga teacher this training will support you in your own self regulation, offer you tools you can use with patients and clients.
This training is taught over
the course of two weekends:
April 12-14 and May 17 - 19, 2019
Friday 4:00-8:00 pm
Saturday 11:00-6:00 pm
Sunday 9:00-5:00 pm
Early bird pricing ends February 15th!
Early Bird $925.
After February 15, 2019 $1125
Student Pricing (with valid college id):
Early Bird $800.
After February 15, 2019 $950
Training manuals and certification are included in the price. Eligible for CEU hours with Yoga Alliance.
**deposits are not refundable.
*payment plan is available in 3 installments.
Please contact Heather directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post course requirements for certification:
Lead 10 trauma informed classes (minimum three attendees per class), read Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine, PhD, and provide a page summary, and choose an area of the Anatomy curriculum that interests you and write a one-half to one page write up.
Full Course Description & Educational Objectives
We collaborated with experts in the field of trauma to bring you a comprehensive evidence and inquiry based 50 hr trauma-informed yoga teacher training. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis to students with demonstrated need who plan to take the learnings back out into the world and impact underserved or underrepresented communities.
As a student in this training you will:
● Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact. Specifically, how traumatized people process information, trauma symptoms, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing.
● Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interoception, brain development, emotional regulation and cognition.
● Through exploration of A.C.E , complex trauma, developmental trauma, and attachment theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
● Learn tools to increase heart rate variability, increase neuroplasticity, decrease activity in the default mode network, induce the relaxation response, support nervous system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
● You will have tools to make your standard classes more trauma sensitive. Through practicum, you will feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
● We will explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma, and how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.
Please note: Missing more than two hours of training, will require the individual to pay for an individual session(s) with one of our trauma facilitators, to be eligible for certification
THIS IS NOT A THERAPEUTIC INTENSIVE.
Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is professional training.